BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

Be sure to check out disposable e-mail services, in case you prefer using one for this site instead of your legit address: http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can see and download all content provided for regular members even without an account!

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!
LaTeX Generator

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 From the very beginning on 10/14/2014, 10:54 am

marc.godhusen

Hello everybody,

I hope that this fits in here. I thought long of what I wanted to say and I hope I can make myself clear.

When it comes to coding, I'm still a noob. I saw many tutorial videos and read many tutorials, but I still have many questions and there are things which I really don't understand.

First of all, is it strictly necessary to have a USB Gecko to make codes? I don't have one and I believe I won't get one just like this, because all of the websites which offered them some years ago stopped selling them.

I guess the main thing I don't understand is how you get from the RAM dump to the code. What exactly is a RAM dump for and
how can you find the things you want to change? And when you found them, how do you produce a code?
I'm always astonished when I give you a RAM dump and you send a code back to me just after a few hours. I wonder how you set up the code in the first place.

I'd really like to have a tutorial which isn't only step-to-step, but detail-to-detail. So I need a tutorial from the very beginning.

You all started as noobs at some time back then. How did you learn all this?

And please, don't say to me to use Google. I certainly already did this and then visited this forum in order to learn how to make codes by you. Secondly, and don't take it personally, for example, in the tutorial section of the forum, there is an as "noob-friendly" titled tutorial but after some introductory lines it says:

"81xxxxxx=05xxxxxx Make sense? No?? Oh well, study more, noobs."

In my opinion this isn't a way how to start a tutorial! No one wants to be called a noob all the time when they actually want to learn something. Please be aware of this, too.

I hope that you can help me with that. I really want to learn how to make codes and I really need help with this.

Thank you very much!

2 Re: From the very beginning on 10/14/2014, 12:24 pm

TheDetonator

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
marc.godhusen wrote: And please, don't say to me to use Google.

http://bit.ly/1w7aHRO

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Troll

3 Re: From the very beginning on 10/14/2014, 8:47 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

marc.godhusen wrote:Hello everybody,

I hope that this fits in here. I thought long of what I wanted to say and I hope I can make myself clear.

When it comes to coding, I'm still a noob. I saw many tutorial videos and read many tutorials, but I still have many questions and there are things which I really don't understand.

First of all, is it strictly necessary to have a USB Gecko to make codes? No, you can use Dolphin too but a USB Gecko is better. I don't have one and I believe I won't get one just like this, because all of the websites which offered them some years ago stopped selling them.

I guess the main thing I don't understand is how you get from the RAM dump to the code. What exactly is a RAM dump for and
how can you find the things you want to change? You do code searches with the USB Gecko in the live RAM and hope that you can find what you're looking for. Sometimes a single RAM dump is sufficient too. And when you found them, how do you produce a code? There are codetypes which you have to follow to make it into a usable code for Gecko: http://www.geckocodes.org/index.php?arsenal=1
I'm always astonished when I give you a RAM dump and you send a code back to me just after a few hours. I wonder how you set up the code in the first place.

I'd really like to have a tutorial which isn't only step-to-step, but detail-to-detail. So I need a tutorial from the very beginning. There is no more beginning than learning how to use the code search and how to build a specific and simple code for a simple game to hack...

You all started as noobs at some time back then. How did you learn all this? By studying all beginners tutorials, struggling and asking smarter code makers to help.

And please, don't say to me to use Google. I certainly already did this and then visited this forum in order to learn how to make codes by you. Secondly, and don't take it personally, for example, in the tutorial section of the forum, there is an as "noob-friendly" titled tutorial but after some introductory lines it says:

"81xxxxxx=05xxxxxx Make sense? No?? Oh well, study more, noobs." This is easy because it says it in the codetypes documents "For values of ______ >= 0x01000000, add one to the codetype." Since 81xxxxxx is greater or equal than 01000000 this condition is met.

In my opinion this isn't a way how to start a tutorial! No one wants to be called a noob all the time when they actually want to learn something. Please be aware of this, too. Some people aren't that friendly when they know more than the average person Wink

I hope that you can help me with that. I really want to learn how to make codes and I really need help with this.

Thank you very much!

4 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 4:11 am

Shadow@BWH

Can't be broken down any easier then this.
Your Ram Dump Coding Tutorial Click This

5 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 5:14 am

marc.godhusen

@TheDetonator... Very funny. I should've seen that coming. Razz

@Bully... Thank you for the lines you wrote. If the very beginning is to learn how to use the code search, then it's that what I should learn. I already made some Gamecube codes like Infinite Flower Points for Paper Mario TTYD. I understand this "search first for an exact value, change it, and search again for the address" thing. But if I need a timer code like the codes for Wii Sports Resort, this method doesn't work. I want to understand this, too.

Sadly, I noticed that coders and hackers seem to be "less friendly" if a newbie wants to learn. In the tutorial of Game Engine, if you skip a lesson or cancel the tutorial, you get a "Loser!" on the screen. This is very motivating. But I'm sure you aren't like this, right?

@Shadow... What is Dvar? I never read that before.

6 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 5:46 am

Shadow@BWH

This is a DVAR
Code:
cg_grenade "1"
This particular DVAR is for the visibility of your grenade the "1" means yes show it if you put a "0" it's telling it to not display it. When coding most codes and you want something on or off or toggle you would use it like this. 01000000 means Yes display in this case and 00000000 means no do not display it. When you have the code all done and together the code will look like this

Toggle Grenade Visibility [Shadow@BWH]
28200FA0 0000XXXX
054CF6B8 01000000
CC000000 00000000
054CF6B8 00000000
E0000000 80008000
*Add Activator

7 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 5:47 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

marc.godhusen wrote:@Shadow... What is Dvar? I never read that before.
This is Call of Duty hacking specific. It has nothing to do with RAM hacking the real way like with code searches using a USB Gecko or Dolphin.

Unfortunately a great Wii site called wiiRd.l0nk went down including a bunch of code making tutorials.
Edit: WOW, they're back. I just checked! The site was gone for months. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Check out this link for a collection of tutorials:
http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t868-

You'll be plenty busy with all this stuff. Smile

8 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 9:21 am

marc.godhusen

Oh, they are really back! I missed this forum! Thank you very much for the link but unfortunately, most of the links are dead. The post is from 2008, so that's understandable. It's a bummer that the first three are missing. Do you have any backup of these tutorials?

9 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 10:01 am

SnB@BWH

Admin & Writer
There's many tutorials that will teach you the same thing. Just look at the tutorials on this site or use Google to find a tutorial you are looking for. If one hasn't been made, then request one.

Alive; not dead. Dead to be alive.

10 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 10:03 am

Shadow@BWH

Well it's really no use if you don't know your code types. From what I've seen you don't even know how to do a 05 code type which is DVAR coding. You didn't even know what a DVAR was until 2 hours ago. Start with those then you can get more advanced I had issues with it before but I got help by 2 of the best in the name of the game (Bully and Shitnbitch). I'll help and so will thay that's what were here for. Go to the link I posted and do some DVAR coding before you do anything else. Trust me it will behoove you to do so.

11 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 11:31 am

Bully@WiiPlaza

marc.godhusen wrote:Oh, they are really back! I missed this forum! Thank you very much for the link but unfortunately, most of the links are dead. The post is from 2008, so that's understandable. It's a bummer that the first three are missing. Do you have any backup of these tutorials?
Yes, here they are.

Note: Found by Googling. Smile

Simple RAM Write:
http://gamehacking.org/faqs/wiiexample1.htm

Pointers:
http://gamehacking.org/faqs/wiiexample2.htm

12 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 12:04 pm

marc.godhusen

@Shadow... This is exactly what I said, I don't know anything about coding. What does Dvar stand for? Didn't Bully say it's only for Call of Duty?

@Bully... Thank you for this. And by the way, I don't condemn Google but I know that there are many people who just say "Google it" and leave the questioning person alone then. I experienced this many times and I really don't like this. Wink

I just don't know where to begin. I'll read the tutorials first which are on Gamehacking.

13 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 12:06 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

marc.godhusen wrote:@Shadow... This is exactly what I said, I don't know anything about coding. What does Dvar stand for? Didn't Bully say it's only for Call of Duty?

@Bully... Thank you for this. And by the way, I don't condemn Google but I know that there are many people who just say "Google it" and leave the questioning person alone then. I experienced this many times and I really don't like this. Wink

I just don't know where to begin. I'll read the tutorials first which are on Gamehacking.
I now updated my thread with all of my video tutorials, tutorials on here and the working ones from wiird into an ultimate list, lol:
http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t868-

14 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 12:18 pm

marc.godhusen

Thank you very much, this list looks great! But I have one more question. It appears that having an USB Gecko is a great advantage, right? I googled everywhere but all I get is "Sold out" or "Not Available". Would it even be possible for me to get one? You could buy it some years ago, but now it seems that you can't find them anywhere.

15 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 12:32 pm

Bully@WiiPlaza

marc.godhusen wrote:Thank you very much, this list looks great! But I have one more question. It appears that having an USB Gecko is a great advantage, right? I googled everywhere but all I get is "Sold out" or "Not Available". Would it even be possible for me to get one? You could buy it some years ago, but now it seems that you can't find them anywhere.
It could be hard to get one but people sometimes sell theirs.

16 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 1:08 pm

Shadow@BWH

I'm getting Neros and we can teach you all that stuff.

17 Re: From the very beginning on 10/15/2014, 1:18 pm

SnB@BWH

Admin & Writer
@marc

Dvar stands for developer variable. It's a "note" that the devs assign to certain aspects in the game that tells the game to do different things depending on what the variable is and the value it has been assigned. Every game, even those not on the Wii, uses Dvars, but only Call of Duty games allow you to edit them.

18 Re: From the very beginning on 10/16/2014, 1:08 pm

marc.godhusen

@Shadow What is Neros? I read through the tutorials by dexter and I think now that this is even more difficult than I thought initially. The problem is that he does everything with the USB Gecko, so I can't follow it along.

19 Re: From the very beginning on 10/16/2014, 1:18 pm

SnB@BWH

Admin & Writer
Yes, it would be hard to follow along, but can you still learn from it? You're damn right you can!

20 Re: From the very beginning on 10/17/2014, 9:49 am

marc.godhusen

I know about these searching codes. That's a start, I guess. I just was able to create an Infinite Demon Fangs code for Okami. I used the Dolphin search function to get the addresses.

Infinite Demon Fangs
026FC3E6 000003E7
0275E476 000003E7

21 Re: From the very beginning on 10/17/2014, 11:46 pm

Shadow@BWH

Nero is a friend of mine and I'm getting his USB Gecko.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum