BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

Be sure to check out disposable e-mail services, in case you prefer using one for this site instead of your legit address: http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can see and download all content provided for regular members even without an account!

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!
LaTeX Generator

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help with creating codes on 7/3/2017, 9:07 am

SK1

Dolphin Code Creator / Porter
I've learned to port codes (at least codes that start with 04) but I don't know how to make codes. I have both HxD (and the RAM dumps) and asmwiird but I prefer not having to code in assembly but it's fine if I have to. The code I wanted to make was to make the music play backwards in Mario Kart Wii but I don't know how to do that. Can I have some help please?

2 Re: Help with creating codes on 7/3/2017, 10:18 am

SnB@BWH

Admin & Writer
If you can port 04, you can port any other code. The address is always in the same place in every code. The only thing that changes is the syntax, as well as the codetype (obviously). Although, with C2, and I think C0, you need to watch out for extra addresses. I made that mistake before, but thanks to Bully, I now know.

As Bully has mentioned before, a lot of hacks can only be made with Assembly, and the hack you are requesting, you have to think about the logic:

Is a game meant to play music backwards?
No
Is there an option in games to play the music backwards?
No
Is the music played from a file or Hex?
Obviously a file

Therefore, you can cross-out boolean, Float and Hex, and know that you must use ASM. When asking yourself questions about how a certain function works in the game, you can then know the logic used to plan the code making. This is just a trick I use when coding NES GameGenie codes. I recommend using this trick, as well as discovering your own tricks; it will help make you into a better coder, and will save a lot of time. Wink

3 Re: Help with creating codes on 7/3/2017, 12:11 pm

SK1

SnB@BWH wrote:If you can port 04, you can port any other code. The address is always in the same place in every code. The only thing that changes is the syntax, as well as the codetype (obviously). Although, with C2, and I think C0, you need to watch out for extra addresses. I made that mistake before, but thanks to Bully, I now know.

As Bully has mentioned before, a lot of hacks can only be made with Assembly, and the hack you are requesting, you have to think about the logic:

Is a game meant to play music backwards?
No
Is there an option in games to play the music backwards?
No
Is the music played from a file or Hex?
Obviously a file

Therefore, you can cross-out boolean, Float and Hex, and know that you must use ASM. When asking yourself questions about how a certain function works in the game, you can then know the logic used to plan the code making. This is just a trick I use when coding NES GameGenie codes. I recommend using this trick, as well as discovering your own tricks; it will help make you into a better coder, and will save a lot of time.  Wink

The problem is I don't know how to code in Assembly

4 Re: Help with creating codes on 7/3/2017, 1:05 pm

SnB@BWH

Admin & Writer
I posted an archive of Assembly documents and books at the link below. I can't really find any good PowerPC PDFs, but as Bully said before: learning one will aid in learning another. If you want to learn an Assembly language and still make codes, I would recommend looking into 6502 and downloading FCEUX NES Emulator. 6502 is one of the easier Assembly languages and it's VERY easy to make GameGenie codes with it. If you need a shit tonne of ROMs, just PM me, and I'll give you my collection. Wink

http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t6059-

5 Re: Help with creating codes on 7/3/2017, 1:27 pm

SK1

SnB@BWH wrote:I posted an archive of Assembly documents and books at the link below. I can't really find any good PowerPC PDFs, but as Bully said before: learning one will aid in learning another. If you want to learn an Assembly language and still make codes, I would recommend looking into 6502 and downloading FCEUX NES Emulator. 6502 is one of the easier Assembly languages and it's VERY easy to make GameGenie codes with it. If you need a shit tonne of ROMs, just PM me, and I'll give you my collection.  Wink

http://www.bullywiihacks.com/t6059-
Thanks =)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum